I have been deeply intuitive and knowing my entire life but never felt comfortable sharing this with anyone outside my closest circle. I never could explain how I just knew certain things, so I chose to stay quiet about it, than to risk people thinking I’m crazy.
Having a passionate desire and commitment to my own personal transformation and spiritual growth from a very early age, I started studying and taking personal growth workshops and seminars in my early 20s. I’m a graduate of the Landmark Forum , the Landmark Advanced Course, The Wisdom Course, Sterling Women’s Weekend and a number of other personal development workshops and psychology classes.
In 2005 I received my Corporate & Life Coaching Certification from Coach U and began working with people struggling with addictions, relationship issues, career transitions and other emotional blocks holding them back in life. To increase my knowledge and understanding of human behavior and increase my own self-awareness, I applied and was accepted into the University of Santa Monica’s Spiritual Psychology Program and will have my certification in the Spring of 2017.
Being extremely tuned in and affected by other people’s energy, I received my Master Reiki certification in 2013. As a Reiki pracitioner, I help to unblock stuck or stagnant energy in the body which causes pain and other other physical issues by opening up those channels and clearing those emotional blocks.
I am deeply committed to helping others and look forward to being a part of your journey towards healing and overcoming whatever challenges you are currently going through.
Other fun facts about me:
– I’m a graduate of Boston College, with a degree in Film and Communications. I’ve worked in the entertainment industry for 25 years and am currently the Director of Special Events/Employee Communications for a studio in Los Angeles.
– I have mentored and studied under Shaimans, Yogis, & other Spiritual Teachers for the past 15 years.
– I’m a freelance writer in addition to my day job in the entertainment industry. You can find my writing on Huffington Post, Chopra.com, Elephant Journal, The Manifestation Station and Tiny Buddah.com. You can find all of my articles on my new website: www.dinastrada.com.
– I got my job at DreamWorks Animation by writing a letter to Steven Spielberg and Jeffrey Katzenberg telling them that I would “clean the bathrooms” or “pick lint up off the carpet” to get my foot in the door. I was hired 8 months later and they have graciously allowed me to do much more glamorous things than that in my time there.
– I once did a recording session with Oprah and than chickened out at the end of it and wouldn’t ask her to take a picture with me. Although I missed out on that opportunity, she invited me to stay for a taping of her show the next day and I got to meet the entire cast of Seinfeld!
– I have 2 amazing children, ages 6 and 3. They are the lights of my life.